Here is your second part of the summer events available in the French Alps. This part will cover the month of August and will follow the same organisation as the first one.
MUSIC EVENTS IN AUGUST
- Podium RTL2: A free pop-rock concert with talented and young artists. CHAMBERY.
- That's all folk: Concert mixing blues, jazz folk and others. BOURG-SAINT-MAURICE.
- National institute of music-hall arts: Show mixing dance, cabaret and singing. MONTCHAVIN-LA PLAGNE.
4th to 6th
- Blues Festival: 3 days dedicated to the blues music with international artists. MEGEVE.
- Chromatik: Concert with a group performing international pop songs. LES CARROZ-D'ARACHES.
- Tribute 4U2: Concert performed by the band 4U2, singing songs from world famous band U2. LE GRAND BORNAND.
- Fun Radio Live: Concert welcoming on stage several talented artist for a great night of music. CHAMBERY.
- Matt Pokora-My Way: Concert performed by French singer and performer Matt Pokora, he will be singing songs from his latest album which are covers from Claude Francois. LES GETS.
- Evening party of the 15th: The evening will start with a ball followed by a torchlight parade, a firework and a dance. SAMOENS.
- TAKATAK: Concert by the band TAKATAK. BOURG-SAINT-MAURICE.
- Electro Thursdays - Municipal Beach: The closing party will be just as the previous next to Lake Geneva and promise a lot of fun and great music. THONON-LES-BAINS.
- Urban Day: A day dedicated to urban sports and arts. Demonstrations of graph paint and break dancing as well as initiations and a concert to end the event. SALLANCHES.
- The Glory Gospel Singers: The band will cross the Atlantic to come and perform in the French Alps, great atmosphere and music. AIX-LES-BAINS.
- Jazz night: 3 concerts to celebrate Jazz music. AIX-LES-BAINS.
SPORT EVENTS IN AUGUST
- La Madeleine without cars: Col de la Madeleine road will be closed to all motorised vehicle, however bikes, rollers, scooters, horses and others are more than welcome. ST-FRANCOIS-LONGCHAMP.
- Golf - Blues on greens: During the Blues Festival, there will be a golf tournament organised. MEGEVE.
- Water slide: Come have fun with family or friends. SAINT-FRANCOIS-LONGCHAMP.
9th to 11th
- Cham au sommet: Anyone who likes mountain sports is welcome to this event. There will be climbing and slack-line demonstrations and music. CHAMONIX.
- Best of the Alps Golf Cup: This Golf tournament for amateurs takes place in the best resorts in the Alps and Megève is one of them. MEGEVE.
- Hauts Forts Trail Race: The race will go from Morzine to Avoriaz with different routes and several eating and drinking points. MORZINE.
- Summerski-jumping World Cup: 1 day of competition. COURCHEVEL.
12th to 13th
- 2017 Méribel Trail: 6 different circuits to suit every level with a meal included for every runner. MERIBEL.
- Grand Bec Trail: This trail is open to everyone with a special circuit for families and kids. CHAMPAGNY-EN-VANOISE.
14th to 19th
- La bike week: A week dedicated to all bike disciplines. LA ROSIERE - MONTVALEZAN.
- 86th swim across the lake: Swim 1,000m or 2,400m to cross Lake Annecy. ANNECY.
18th to 20th
- Galibier trail: 3 different circuits to suit all levels. VALLOIRE.
- Semi Marathon of the Mont-Cenis: Run 21km at 2,000m of altitude. VAL CENIS.
25th to 27th
- Le Bélier trail: Trail open to everyone with the possibility to test new equipment. LA CLUSAZ.
- Triathlon de la Madeleine: It will take place between St Rémy de Maurienne and St François Longchamp-Mongellafrey. SAINT FRANCOIS LONGCHAMP.
26th to 27th
- VTT Trial World Cup: Some of the best mountain bikers in the world will be gathered here to compete in this trial competition. ALBERTVILLE.
- International Mont-Blanc Triathlon: Great way to challenge yourself. PASSY.
28th to september 3rd
- UTMB: The Ultra Trail du Mont-Blanc is a challenging yet unique race. It crosses three countries over 166km and 9,400m of ascent. CHAMONIX.
KIDS & FAMILY EVENTS IN AUGUST
1st to 3rd
- Magic workshop: Learn some magic tricks and take part in the show on the last day. For kids from 6 to 12. VERCHAIX.
- Harry Covert, The Magician: Prepare yourself to be blown away, by some magic tricks illusion and mind reading. LA CHAPELLE D'ABONDANCE
2nd to 12th
- Kiddy Park: Animations and games for kids such as karting and trampolining. LA TOUSSUIRE.
5th to 12th
- Adventurers week: A week of fun activities and sports trials to do in family. LA TOUSSUIRE.
- Climbing initiation: Give a try at climbing with the help of two instructors. SAINT FRANCOIS LONGCHAMP.
6th to 12th
- August kids' week: Week dedicated for children, with lots of games, activities and shows. LA TANIA.
7th to 11th
- Festival - Châtel is going back to childhood: All week long activities, games, shows, workshops will be available to entertain children. CHATEL.
8th to 10th
- Circus Zavatta Caplot: A show staring tigers, lions elephants, clowns, acrobats and many more. MEGEVE.
- Remote controlled Buggys: Have fun driving your mini buggy on this circuit. LES SAISIES
- Edelweiss fair: There will be games, shows, concerts and other animations throughout the day. MORZINE.
- Pony ride: Have a ride around the city with your new pony friend. BOURG SAINT MAURICE.
- Circus Médrano: Talented artists will present you an amazing show with some juggling, acrobatics and more. SALLANCHES.
20th to 25th
- Au Bonheur des Mômes Festival (Fun for Kids festival): During this week kids creativity will be put forward, with games, workshops, animations, concerts and many more entertainments. LE GRAND BORNAND
- Lolo's magic show: A show mixing magic and music. MONTRIOND.
- Bubbles foot: Play a game of football while being in big bubble, fun guaranteed. LES SAISIES
LOCAL & OTHER EVENTS IN AUGUST
- Annecy lake feast: This amazing show is the biggest European firework come and enjoy this wonderful show. ANNECY.
5th to 6th
- "Fanfoué" - Village Fete: The traditional village feast, with local dishes, home made cider, jam and cakes, music, traditional costumes and a joyful atmosphere. LES ALLUES.
- Village feast: This year children are put forward with lots of animations and shows and at the end of the day a traditional dinner and a ball. LA CLUSAZ.
- Les Saisies party: Traditional food, animations, shows, music, games - a lot has been organised to keep you entertained during this day of celebration. LES SAISIES.
- Village fête: Discover more about the village and its history in a festive atmosphere, dancing, music, firework and traditional dinner. CHAMPAGNY LE BAS.
- Fête des Clarines: Traditional village feast on the theme of wood and clarines (a type of bell) followed by a ball in the evening. LA ROSIERE - MONTVALEZAN.
- Saint-Laurent - Village feast: Discover more about the history of the village, handmade chariot parade, traditional music, dancing, food and a ball. CHATEL.
- Party at lake Vonnes: A great day to spend with family or friends around the lake, there will be a fishing and pedal-boat competition, drinks and bbq. CHATEL.
- Assumption: This day is celebrated everywhere in France, each town organises there own feast, it is a bank holiday in France. NATIONAL.
- Lake feast: The theme will be nature, during this day lots of activities and animations will keep you entertained, there will also be a bbq. LES MENUIRES.
Click here to see our French Alps properties portfolio.
Articles that you might find interesting:
- What to do and see in the French Alps during the summer
- For the summer, choose the French Alps!
- Your summer agenda