A lot is happening in the French Alps during summer, this is why we have made a selection of some events happening in the different cities and villages in the French Alps. The list is sorted by dates and categories. There are four categories which are MUSIC, SPORTS, KIDS & FAMILY and LOCAL & OTHER events.
Some of these events are free of charge while others demand a financial participation so make sure you check this out.
The first part of this summer agenda will cover the month of July.
Of course all these events are just a sample of all that is going on in the different regions, as you can see a lot is done to keep you entertained during the summer and it is without a doubt that you will find something that you will like. So have a look, pick out a few dates and go enjoy yourself!
MUSIC EVENTS IN JULY
Some music festivals starting in July until August:
- Festival : Les Estivales en Savoie: June, 28th to July, 19th - CHAMBERY.
- Festival des Sources Sonores: July, 3rd to 6th and 8th - FAVERGES-SEYTHENEX.
- Festival les musical’été: July to August – ANNEMASSE.
- Les Jeudis d'Aime (music): July, 6th to August, 24th - AIME-LA-PLAGNE.
- F'Estival Les Pépites: July, 13th to August, 24th every Saturday - SAMOENS.
- Festival Chansons en Abondance: July, 26th to August, 16th every Wednesday - ABONDANCE.
- Station Music: Day dedicated to music, local band playing throughout the day, dance demonstration and a big concert at the end of the day. LE BOURGET DU LAC.
- Summer celebration II: Concert by the lake, with some urban, house and electro music and various DJs. THONON-LES-BAINS.
- Music Festival: Concert, music and fun to celebrate summer. MONTRIOND.
- Live music with Cardiff University Jazz Band: On the program film music, tubing and traditional and modern jazz. CHATEL.
- Folk concert: Happening at the Alfred Wills refuge and performed by the group "Les Squarelies". SIXT-FER-A-CHEVAL.
7th and 8th
- Festival Bande Rouge part en live: Music festival. BOURG-SAINT-MAURICE
- Mont-Blanc Festilac: This free event is a mix of concerts, cinema and various games and activities for everyone, artists local, tourists and families are all welcome. LAC DE PASSY.
8th and 9th
- American Festival: International artists will perform a series of free concerts. SAMOENS.
- Rose & Willy: Live concert of international pop/rock covers. LES CARROZ-D'ARACHES.
13th to 16th
- Musilac Festival 2017: Celebrating its 15th anniversary the festival will welcome French and international artists (Birdy, Jamiroquai, Sting...) over four days of great music and celebration! AIX-LES-BAINS.
19th to 22nd
- Guitare Festival: A series of concerts by exceptional international artists, Scorpions, Amy McDonald, Earth Wind and Fire, LEJ and more. ST-JULIEN-EN-GENEVOIS
- Electro Thursdays @ Plage Municipale: First session of this Electro music concert by the Lake Geneva. THONON-LES-BAINS.
31th to 4th
- Music Week: a week dedicated to music open to beginners, experienced, adults and children. Concerts, workshops, introductions, shows and other activities are on the program. LES KARELLIS.
SPORT EVENTS IN JULY
1st to 23rd
- Tour de France: The famous cycling race is coming to the French Alps. It will pass through several resorts such as SERRE-CHEVALIER, VALLOIRE and BRIANCON.
1st to 2nd
- Mountain Bike Race: The hardest mountain bike race open to everyone with 8 different races to suit all levels. COMBLOUX.
- Audi quattro challenge: This golf tournament will gather ski champions like Tessa Worley or Julien Lizeroux for its second edition. MEGEVE.
- Vertical kilometre: A challenging race with 1,000m ascent over 2.5km.
8th to 9th
- 3 Valleys Addict Tour: Timed bike race or hike, for everyone to come and face the challenge. THREE VALLEYS.
- Montagn'hard: To all mountain lovers looking for a challenge, three races are organised. SAINT-GERVAIS-LES-BAINS.
- Trophée de la ville d'Evian: Individual golf competition. EVIAN-LES-BAINS.
11th to 13th
- Climbing World Cup: 3 days of competition and two trials; World Cup Difficulty and World Cup Speed. CHAMONIX MONT-BLANC.
- Lumberjack competition: Games for children will be available as well, and a firework display followed by a dance are expected after the competition. CHATEL.
14th to 16th
- The Arcadienne: Mountain bike competition open to adults and children. LES ARCS.
- Tour of Mont-Blanc Cyclo: Bike race through the French, Swiss and Italian Alps, more than 330kms in 1 day. LES SAISIES.
15th to 16th
- Mountain Bike Enduro Series - French Enduro series Championship: 2 days of competition, riding down a challenging runs from 1,700m of altitude down to 700m. SAMOENS.
- Mad'Trail: Challenge yourself on one of the five races. There are different levels of difficulties as well and stunning scenery. VALMOREL.
- 27th run around the Mont Cenis lake: A race on foot around the lake which is 16km. You can also participate with your bike but it will not be part of the competition; only for fun. LANSLEBOURG.
- King of Méribel: This mountain bike competition will allow you to win points through a series of 12 challenges in order to be crowned king and queen of Méribel. MERIBEL.
- Trail de La Rosière: 4 trails from 22km to 5km to suit every levels. LA ROSIERE.
18th to 23rd
- The Megève-Edmond de Rothschild CSI*** International Show Jumping: A horse jumping competition lasting for 6 days welcoming international amateur or professional riders. MEGEVE.
- Vertical K2: A challenging trail race with 2000m of vertical ascent. LES ARCS.
26th to 30th
- Trial Biking - World Cup - French Cup: A competition which will gather the best international trail bikers. LES MENUIRES.
27th to 29th
- La 6000D: A challenging race of 65km and 3500m of vertical ascent. AIME-LA-PLAGNE.
- Double des vacances: Boat race on Lake Geneva. THONON-LES-BAINS
KIDS & FAMILY EVENTS IN JULY
- Open afternoon at "Les Lutins": Free access to the tree top adventure park. SAINTE FOY.
- C'en scène 2017 Festival: Music festival for families with activities for kids, a concert and drinks and snacks. FAVERGES-SEYTHENEX.
- The great adventure: Games, activities, workshops, treasure hunt and orienteering for kids and families. LES SAISIES.
- Wood Workshop: A safe and fun way to discover woodworking, kids will be able to take their creation home as a souvenir. MONTRIOND.
10th to 16th
- Family Plus Week: A week dedicated to families and children with lots of activities and entertainment. THONON-LES-BAINS.
11th to 12th
- Youth at the top: Start with a small hike to the refuge, and spend a night in the mountains looking at the stars and make great memories. MONTGELLAFREY.
11th to 14th
- Once upon a time ... The Far West: Be a real cowboy, during these few days you will be able to try archery and tomahawks. Lots of games and shows are on the program as well. MEGEVE.
- Zorb ball: Super fun activity, trapped in a giant bubble. THONON-LES-BAINS.
- Family paper chase: Discover the mountain and the nature while having fun in family, at the end kids will get a present..BERNEX.
- Firefighter's day: Find out about the profession with demonstrations and activities throughout the day. LES CARROZ-D'ARACHES.
15th to 22nd
- Youth tennis tournament: Young players under 18 will be competing for a week in order to win the tournament, all levels are welcome. FAVERGES-SEYTHENEX.
- Adventurers week: A week of fun activities and sports trials to do as a family. LA TOUSSUIRE.
- Family & Friends games: Come face the different challenges and have fun during the 5kms run and mud colour. LES CARROZ-D'ARACHES.
16th to 22nd
- July kid's week: Week dedicated for children, with lots of games, activities and shows. LA TANIA.
17th to 21st
- Aravis and cies: A family festival visiting the 4 resorts over 5 days with special events, games, activities and shows. LA CLUSAZ, LE GRAND-BORNAND, MANIGOD, ST-JEAN DE SIXT.
- Magic week: Week dedicated to magic and illusion where you may find out some secret magic tricks and try some yourself. SAINT-FRANCOIS-LONGCHAMP.
- Youth concert: The audience has to come with a bow tie that can be home made previously at a workshop and then enjoy the concert. LES HOUCHES.
18th to 21st
- The 'Démons et Vermeil' Intergenerational Festival: Intergenerational team of two will take part in several activities sharing their ideas about food, culture games. MEGEVE.
- Family race: No timer just a fun costume race with different obstacles along way to share with your family. MONTCHAVIN-LA-PLAGNE.
- Ca va être ta fête: A rock concert for children. THONON-LES-BAINS.
26th to 27th
- Game's festival: In the town centre, lots games and activities will be offered to everyone who wish to have some fun, perfect for families. THONES.
29th to August 4th
- Children's week: Les p'tits loups have fun ! - with nature: Kids will be able to learn a bit more about nature while having fun and taking part in activities and games. COMBLOUX
LOCAL & OTHER EVENTS IN JULY
8th to 9th
- Jeep festival: Gathering of Jeeps and dodges, demonstrations and fast food. MANIGOD.
13th to 15th
- The Belleville Rally: Classic car gathering and rally in the Belleville Valley. ST MARTIN DE BELLEVILLE, LES MENUIRES, VAL THORENS.
- National Feast: It is on the 14th of July but will celebrated on different days depending on the location. NATIONAL EVENT.
13th to 16th
- Harley Days festival: 4 days of celebration around Harley Davidson bikes, concerts activities and shows are on the program. MORZINE-AVORIAZ.
- Sand feast: Giant sand sculpture made by professionals followed by a firework and a concert. EXCENEVEX.
- Vintage cars gathering: Come and see some beautiful old cars and you can even go for a ride. COMBLOUX.
- Village feast: Discover more about the village and its history in a festive atmosphere, dancing, music, demonstrations and traditional dinner. CHAMPAGNY LE HAUT, LES CONTAMINES-MONTJOIE.
- Mont-Cenis feast: French and Italian gather to celebrate this wonderful heritage, a beautiful scenery for a traditional celebration. VAL-CENIS.
- Country fair: Reblochon cheese making, dances, and traditional dinner or the program to discover about the heritage and gastronomy of the region. LA CLUSAZ.
28th to 29th
- Beer festival: Come and discover local and national beers. SAINT-MARTIN-DE-BELLEVILLE.
Click here to see our French Alps properties portfolio.
Articles that you might find interesting:
- What to do and see in the French Alps during the summer
- For the summer, choose the French Alps!
- La Rosière, the sunniest resort in the Alps